How to enroll in helicopter flight training school

Simply follow these steps.

The enrollment and admissions process is easy and straightforward.

To find out more, please select your category:

US students

First steps:

  • Fill out the student questionairre

    Print and fill out this student questionnaire, then mail or fax it to us.

  • A flight training coordinator will contact you

    Once the student questionnaire is received, a flight training coordinator will contact you ASAP (during regular weekday business hours).


  • Proof of citizenship

    This consists of one of the following:

    • An original US birth certificate
    • A valid US passport
    • US Naturalization document
  • A valid driver’s license or government-issued photo ID

The process:

Contact us for assistance at any point in the process.

International students

Corporate Helicopters Flight Training Academy accepts students from all over the world!

We have created a checklist for you to follow to make this an easy process.

Once we receive your application, you will be connected with a representative from Corporate Helicopters for assistance with this process.

First steps:

  • Submit an application

  • Write a short essay

    Write a short essay describing yourself and your goals while training with us.

  • Send the Application and Essay

    Mail or fax or E-mail your completed application materials to us.

Contact us for assistance with this process.


  • Be at least 17 years of age

    Must be turning 18 years old within 6 months of beginning flight training.

  • English language competency

    Have an excellent command of the English language (reading, verbal, and written)

  • Financial stability

    Must demonstrate how you will be able to support yourself (rent, food, and personal expenses) during school.

The process:

  • Interview with Chief Flight Instructor

    This is a phone or Skype interview.

  • I-20 Form

    We will send you the I-20 Form. Sign and date form, then take with you to apply for your M-1 VISA.

  • Pay SEVIS I-90 Fee

    Pay I-90 Fee on this website.

    Keep your receipt.

  • M-1 Visa

    Contact US Consulate in your home country to set-up an M1-VISA Interview. Here are the items you need for your M-1 Visa interview.

  • Arrive in the US for Flight Training

    Items to bring with you:

    • Passport
    • I-20 Form
    • M-1 Visa
    • SEVIS I-90 Receipt
    • Proof of Financial Ability to pay for school costs and living expenses.

    Contact Chief Flight Instructor as soon as you arrive. All instructions and contact information will be sent in an e-mail.

Speak with an ambassador in your country!

Want to talk with a Corporate Helicopters Flight Training Academy graduate?

We have graduates who are now ambassadors of our school in the countries below.

Contact us, and we’ll put you in contact.

Enrollment & Admissions FAQ

Students at Corporate Helicopters Flight Training Academy must be a minimum of 16 years old.

Our fax number is (858) 874-3038.

Corporate Helicopters Flight Training Academy
3753 John J. Montgomery Drive, Hangar 9
San Diego, CA 92123


  • Donald A. Vance Md


  • George W. Merkle Md

Chula Vista

  • Charles A. Camarata Md


  • Mark Scheurer Md


  • Timothy J. Coen MD

La Jolla

  • Joseph Hong DO
  • Gregory C. Mattson MD


  • Edward L. Esteb Md
  • Larry J. Marshall Md

San Diego

  • Jeffrey H. Dysart Md
  • Joseph Hong Md
  • David V. Rousseau Md
  • Robert Houghton Md
  • Joseph Allen Md

Solana Beach

  • Seymour Myers Md


  • Gregory D. Smith Md

When Training Begins

  • Private Pilot Ground Syllabus
  • Logbook
  • Current FAR/AIM
  • Rotorcraft Flying Handbook
  • Jeppesen Private Pilot Handbook
  • R22 Pilot’s Operating Handbook

When Possible

  • ASA Private Pilot Practical Test Standards (PTS)
  • Private Pilot Oral Exam Guide Helicopter
  • Airport/Facility Directory (AFD) SW US
  • Los Angeles Sectional Chart
  • San Diego Sectional Chart
  • San Diego VFR Terminal Area Chart
  • Aviation Plotter
  • E6B Computer
  • Knee Board

For Your Written

  • Private Pilot Test Prep

More Resources

  • Principles Of Helicopter Flight
  • Aviation Weather
  • Aviation Weather Services


  • Notebook
  • Calculator
  • Flashlight for Night Flights

For Practice Tests

To train with us, you must have an M1 Visa.

It is actually illegal to train on a tourist Visa.

Have a question not answered here?