How to enroll in helicopter flight training school
Simply follow these steps.
Fill out the student questionnaire
Print and fill out this student questionnaire.
Fill out the flight training application
Print and fill out this flight training application.
Proof of citizenship
This consists of one of the following:
- An original US birth certificate
- A valid US passport
- US Naturalization document
A valid driver’s license or government-issued photo ID
Submit your paperwork and create a student account
Read more about financial assistance, if needed.
Obtain a FAA Second Class Medical Certificate
This can only be done through an FAA-approved Aeromedical Examiner. (Here is a list of Aeromedical Examiners in the San Diego area.) This is a requirement to work as a Commercial Pilot.
Purchase your study materials
We have a recommended list to discuss with your instructor.
Enrollment & Admissions FAQ
Students at Corporate Helicopters Flight Training Academy must be a minimum of 16 years old.
Our fax number is (858) 874-3038.
Corporate Helicopters Flight Training Academy
3753 John J. Montgomery Drive, Hangar 9
San Diego, CA 92123
- Donald A. Vance Md
- George W. Merkle Md
- Charles A. Camarata Md
- Mark Scheurer Md
- Timothy J. Coen MD
- Joseph Hong DO
- Gregory C. Mattson MD
- Edward L. Esteb Md
- Larry J. Marshall Md
- Jeffrey H. Dysart Md
- Joseph Hong Md
- David V. Rousseau Md
- Robert Houghton Md
- Joseph Allen Md
- Seymour Myers Md
- Gregory D. Smith Md
When Training Begins
- Private Pilot Ground Syllabus
- Current FAR/AIM
- Rotorcraft Flying Handbook
- Jeppesen Private Pilot Handbook
- R22 Pilot’s Operating Handbook
- ASA Private Pilot Practical Test Standards (PTS)
- Private Pilot Oral Exam Guide Helicopter
- Airport/Facility Directory (AFD) SW US
- Los Angeles Sectional Chart
- San Diego Sectional Chart
- San Diego VFR Terminal Area Chart
- Aviation Plotter
- E6B Computer
- Knee Board
For Your Written
- Private Pilot Test Prep
- Principles Of Helicopter Flight
- Aviation Weather
- Aviation Weather Services
- Flashlight for Night Flights
For Practice Tests
Have a question not answered here?